Battery management and safety are important skills for ROV use. Important tips are:
- Don’t let the battery voltage drop too low (see manufacturer’s specs)
- Set low-voltage alarms in QGroundControl to alert you when you need to swap batteries
- We insert our batteries in fire-proof bags for both storage and charging
- When travelling, we carry batteries in a metal tool box
- Always follow battery manufacturer’s safety procedures
- Never leave a charging battery unattended
You can also find more information about battery safety on sites like HobbyKing LiPO Battery Safety 101.